Tag Archives: Guilty
has been sentenced to 30 months in prison and has been given a $250,000 fine stemming from his involvement in the CIA leak case. It looks like Libby will be allowed to stay out of prison while his appeal is pending.
Former White House aide I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby has been found guilty on four of five counts in his perjury and obstruction of justice trial.
Libby was convicted of:
1. obstruction of justice when he intentionally deceived a grand jury investigating the outing of CIA operative Valerie Plame;
2. making a false statement by intentionally lying to FBI agents about a conversation with NBC newsman Tim Russert;
3. perjury when he lied in court about his conversation with Russert;
4. a second count of perjury when he lied in court about conversations with other reporters.
5. Jurors cleared him of a second count of making a false statement relating to a conversation he had with Matt Cooper of Time magazine.
You can check out complete coverage of the trial and the verdict at Firedoglake. In case you haven’t been following their coverage – FireDogLake has been doing extensive live blogging from inside the courtroom. They were actually given press credentials and have done some groundbreaking work both during the lead-up to the trial and during the actual criminal trial proceedings. They have taken blogging to the next level! Nice work!
former Chief of Staff I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby has been convicted on four out of five counts in the CIA leak case. More details to follow.
This picture was taken in 1983, one year after Saddam Hussein ordered the execution of 148 men and boys for which he was sentenced to death by hanging today.